This unit contains approximately 10 hours and 30 minutes (2 days) of training activities.
Community Health Workers are trained to:
- Describe the causes and dangers of diarrhea.
- Explain to families how diarrhea can cause dehydration.
- Prepare Oral Rehydration Serum (ORS).
- Administer Oral Rehydration Serum (ORS) to infants, children, and adults as part of the treatment for diarrhea.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of Cholera.
- Recognize the symptoms of severe dehydration in infants, children, and adults.
- Refer infants, children, and adults to the health center for serious cases of diarrhea and dehydration.
- Help families to adopt behaviors that prevent diarrhea and dehydration.