Clinicians are trained to:
• Explain why TB is such a serious disease for HIV-positive patients.
• Apply the human rights approach to comprehensive TB/HIV care in practice.
• Manage suspected TB in ambulatory HIV-positive patients who do not have danger signs.
• Manage suspected TB in seriously ill HIV-positive patients.
• Educate patients about important aspects of TB care.
• Practice good TB infection control in the health center.
• Identify the basic principles of extrapulmonary TB.
• Identify the basic principles of drug-resistant TB.
This unit contains approximately 11 ½ hours of training sessions.