Last Updated: June 11, 2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may obtain personal information about you through various Channels. The types of personal information we obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, telephone number, postal address and email address)
- Demographic information (such as gender and date of birth)
- Other personal information contained in the content you choose to submit to us
If you choose to make a gift to PIH, whether by telephone, postal mail, or this Site, we may obtain additional information in connection with your donation, including your payment information (such as credit or debit card or bank account number). With respect to planned gifts, we also may collect information such as your Social Security number (where required by law) and estate documentation. If you apply for a job opportunity with PIH, we also may collect your resume (which may include information such as your work experience and education history).
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyze how users use the Site and which links they clicked on to arrive at the Site. The information collected by the cookies and web beacons (including your IP address) will be disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Site. To learn about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Please note that online donations are processed by a third-party service provider and you should read the section below entitled “Links and Third Party Web Sites” and familiarize yourself with the privacy terms of all such non-PIH sites before using them.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We may use the personal information we obtain:
- to send you materials or information that you have requested,
- to send you materials, information, or other communications that may be of interest to you,
- to manage our fundraising activities and process donations,
- to respond to your inquiries,
- to communicate with you to administer your participation in surveys,
- to personalize communications and fundraising efforts that we believe will be of interest to you,
- to comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our own policies and terms,
- for our operational purposes, including data analysis, identifying usage trends, and enhancing our websites and promotional campaigns, and
- as otherwise described in this Policy.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. Additionally, we may use information obtained through automated means for various purposes such as customizing our visitors’ visits to the Site and understanding the manner in which our visitors browse and use the Site. We also may use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer the Site, identify visitors to the Site, and gather demographic information about our visitors.
DISCLOSURE OF AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your personal information:
- to affiliated entities (e.g., on whose behalf we may process donations),
- to third parties, including our vendors, attorneys, accountants and advisors, who provide PIH with assistance or advice or are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of PIH (collectively, “Service Providers”),
- consortium groups and third parties acting on behalf of non-profit organizations that combine your personal information with information from other sources for analytical purposes,
- in connection with merger and acquisition activity, re-organization or other disposition of part or all of PIH,
- (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, or
- if you direct us to do so.
We also may share donation-related information, such as information about charitable gift annuities, with the Internal Revenue Service.
In addition, if you choose to include your personal information (such as your phone number and home address) when you sign petitions, join groups or otherwise attach your personal information to our initiatives, such information may be displayed on our Site or otherwise publicly available. Such displayed personal information will not, however, include your contact information (such as your street address, email, phone number).
Your personal information will not be shared, leased or sold to other organizations for fundraising purposes, unless you have provided PIH with specific permission to do so or as otherwise disclosed in this policy. PIH will not send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
LINKS AND THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US