Partners In Health works in partnership with a variety of other organizations, both in the United States and in the countries where we work. Below is a list of volunteer opportunities at these affiliate organizations.
EqualHealth (formerly Physicians for Haiti) - Volunteer Officer and Intern Positions: EqualHealth is a Boston-based nonprofit organization working toward a self-sustaining postgraduate Haitian medical education system that is a source of pride for Haiti, equips Haitian health care professionals to provide high-quality care to all Haitians, and is built on a foundation of equity and collaboration. We are currently looking for volunteers for the summer and beyond. Internships are awarded on a rolling basis, and new opportunities are frequently added. Read more and apply.
Muso - Volunteer Positions: Muso, a PIH partner project, is currently accepting applications for four, high-impact, 13-month field positions in Mali. These volunteer field positions play a critical role in the development of Muso's healthcare delivery, R&D, and communications programs. This is an excellent opportunity for highly motivated, talented, dynamic individuals committed to global health and social justice. Read more about these position on Muso's website. To apply for one of these positions or request more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to find other volunteer opportunities:
- Idealist: http://www.idealist.org
- International Volunteer Programs Association: http://www.volunteerinternational.org/resources.html
- The International Medical Volunteers Association: http://www.imva.org/
- Volunteer: A Traveller's Guide by Lonely Planet
- How to Live Your Dream of Volunteering Overseas by Joseph Collins, Zahara Heckscher, and Stefano DeZerega (Penguin Books)