Reproductive Health (Sante Moun k ap Fè; Petit)
This unit contains approximately 31 hours and 45 minutes (6 days) of training activities.
Community Health Workers are trained to:
- Explain the purpose and functioning of male and female reproductive organs.
- Educate women about danger signs during pregnancy and when to go to the health center immediately.
- Educate women about the importance of pre- and post-natal care.
- Identify women at risk for complication during pregnancy and refer them to the health center.
- Educate women about the importance of giving birth at the health center.
- Help women to adopt essential healthy behaviors during pregnancy and after delivery.
- Promote proper exclusive breastfeeding for infants 0-6 months, and continued breast feeding along with complimentary feeding, until age 2 and beyond.
- Deliver reproductive health education for youth groups and mothers groups.