Unit 2: Understanding Legal Matters
Proper attention to legal matters from the start of your organization’s existence will help facilitate your work and will lay the foundation for legitimate and transparent operations. These efforts will help you secure important legal protections for your patients, your staff, and the organization as a whole. The unit describes how an understanding of the laws where your work can lend clarity to your relationships with government entities, other NGOs, businesses, and individuals.
- Forming a nonprofit organization in your home country
- Registering your nonprofit organization in your host country
- Legal representation
- Ongoing legal needs
- Memoranda of Understanding and contracts
- Power of attorney and other authorities
- Understanding local laws
- Visitors and guests at the site
We'll keep you up to date on Partners In Health's work bringing hope and health care to some of the world's poorest, hardest-to-reach communities.